The Black Bear Golf Club course amenities are everything you would come to expect of a perennial “People’s Choice Award Winner."
- Our grill features a full bar and a delicious quick-service menu (offering the best 1/2-pound burger and coldest beer in Northern Michigan ... you may think we’re kidding, but we’re not!)
- We host all kinds of parties — class reunions, 300-guest weddings, board meetings and more
- Full-service tournament & outing coordination for groups of all sizes
- First-class driving range & practice facility
- PGA Certified Golf Professional on staff for group & private lessons
Being a “stand-alone” golf course has its benefits! We’re a family-owned operation since 2005 — none of that corporate atmosphere, here! Walk-ins are welcome, play your radios, no bossy rangers, no dress code (though we prefer at least a collared shirt).
Black Bear’s small, loyal staff is our real secret ingredient. Just ask anyone who has met Becky and had one of our “Best Bloody Marys You’ll Ever Have,” met Joe W. during check-in, had a lesson with our Pro Jade, had a drink made by Katy on the bev cart, or chatted with our Irrigation Specialist Ian. We believe that once you play Black Bear — whether it’s the layout, our staff, course conditions or the golf value — you’ll want to come back and play again and again.
We will be happy to help arrange lodging in the Gaylord area, or at one of our hotel properties in beautiful Mackinaw City for you or your group. We have “hot package deals” for both golf and lodging with all the area courses, hotels and resorts.
Black Bear Golf Club is located just 8 miles north of Gaylord at I-75 exit 290 in Vanderbilt. The course is easily accessible from three major thoroughfares. For guests coming from the west side of the state, we are 18 miles from US 131; from east or west, only 10 miles from M-32; and, of course, I-75 runs right along 1.5 miles of Black Bear frontage ... have you seen the flagpoles on your way Up North?
Black Bear offers Exclusive Partner Golf Packages with area resorts and hotels that include unlimited golf. When it comes to getting the most bang for your buck, Black Bear Golf Club offers the best golf value in Michigan!